Swiss Chard & Tomato Pasta
8 oz. Wholewheat Pasta.
2 tblsp. Olive Oil.
2 cloves Garlic, crushed.
1 Onion, chopped.
1 tsp. Basil.
1 tsp. Oregano.
1 tblsp. Tomato Puree.
1 lb. Tomatoes. chopped.
1 tblsp. Toasted Pine Kernels.
1 tblsp. Toasted Sunflower Seeds.
1/2 lb. Swiss Chard.
Black Ground Pepper.
1. Saute the garlic, onion, basil and oregano in the oil.
2. Mix in the tomato puree when the onion is soft.
3. Add the tomatoes and cook gently for 10 minutes.
4. Cook the pasta in simmering water for approximately 8 / 9 minutes and drain well.
5. Put the pine kernels, sunflower seeds, swiss chard and pepper into the tomato mixture and cook for about 3 minutes
6. Add the pasta, mix round and heat through.