Potato & Pasta with Green Beans
12 oz. Wholewheat Pasta
8 Small New Potatoes.
2 Tblsp. Olive Oil.
3 Cloves Chopped Garlic.
2 Tblsp. Dried Sage.
1/2 Lb. Green Beans.
1 Medium Leek, sliced thinly.
1 Tblsp. Toasted Pine Kernels.
1. Boil the new potatoes for about 10 - 15 minutes until tender. Set aside.
2. Cook the beans in boiling water for a few minutes until tender.Set aside.
3. Cook the pasta for 10 minutes . Drain , rinse in cold water and set aside.
4. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the garlic, sage and pepper and saute for 2 mins.
5. Add the leek and green beans and cook for 3 - 4minutes.
6. Add the potatoes and pine kernels and cook for another 2 minutes.
7. Add the pasta and heat through.
8. Serve with crusty bread.
N.B. Add more olive oil at any stage if required.