Pasta & Bean Ratatouille
8 oz. Black- eyed Beans, cooked.
1 Medium sized Aubergine, cut into chunks.
1 lb. Whole- wheat Small Pasta Shells.
4 Tblsp. Olive Oil.
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed.
1 Onion, chopped.
1 Red and 1 Green Pepper, seeded and cut into chunks.
14oz. Tin Chopped Tomatoes.
2 Heaped Tblsp. Tomato Puree.
6 1/2 Fl. oz. Dry Red Wine.
2 Tblsp. Fresh Oregano
Freshly round black pepper
1. Place the aubergine chunks in a shallow ovenproof dish and drizzle with 1 Tblsp. of the oil. Roast in the oven for 20 mins. Mark 5/190C/375F.
2. Cook the pasta in boiling water for 7 minutes stirring occasionally, drain, stir in a dash of oil, cover and set aside.
3. Heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan and saut‚ the garlic and onion until soft.
4. Stir in the peppers, cover and cook for 5 mins., until the peppers are slightly softened.
5. Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, wine, oregano, pepper, beans and aubergine and bring to a simmer.
6. Reduce the heat, cover and cook for 10 mins.
7. Stir in the pasta and cook for 5 more mins.