Gnocchi with Roasted Peppers
4 large red/yellow/orange peppers
1 oz. pine nuts
1 small onion
1 garlic clove
2 tblsp. olive oil
8 fresh sage leaves
Â« pint vegetable stock
Freshly ground black pepper
400 gm Dairy Free Gnocchi
1. Grill the peppers whole, turning frequently for 10-15 minutes until skin is blistered and slightly blackened.
2. Cover with a damp cloth and leave to cool.
3. Toast the pine nuts. Set aside.
4. Chop the onion and crush the garlic clove and fry gently in the oil until softened.
5. Add the sage leaves and cook over a moderate heat until frazzled.
6. Remove the sage and set aside.
7. Add the stock and pepper to the pan and boil rapidly until reduced to a quarter of the original volume. Set aside.
8. Peel the cooled peppers, remove the stalks, halve, scrape out the core and seeds and cut into broad strips. Set aside.
9. Cook the gnocchi in boiling water for about 3-4 minutes. (They rise to the surface when cooked).
10. Meanwhile add the peppers to the onion and garlic, heat through and toss lightly to mix the ingredients.
11. Place the gnocchi in a warmed serving dish, pour the pepper mixture over the gnocchi and sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts and frazzled sage.