Butternut Squash Risotto
2 Tblsp. Olive Oil.
1/2 medium Butternut Squash.
1 head Garlic.
1 Tblsp. Oregano.
4 Tsp. Vegetable Bouillon.
1/2 Red Chilli.
8 oz. Brown Rice.
1. Preheat the oven 200 c / 400 f / 190 f fan / Gas 6.
2. Peel and deseed the butternut squash and cut into bite size chunks.
3. Split the garlic into cloves but do not peel.
4. Pour 1 tblsp. oil into a small roasting tin.
5. Place the squash, garlic cloves, oregano and black pepper into the tin and toss to coat in the oil.
6. Roast in the oven for approx., 30 minutes, turning once until tender.
7. While the vegetables are cooking prepare the rice :-
i. Heat 1tblsp. oil in a pan.
ii. Gently fry the chopped shallots and the finely chopped chilli.
iii. Add the rice mixing well with the chili and shallots.
iv. Pour over boiling water to cover about 1/4 inch above the rice.
v. Sprinkle on the vegetable bouillon and stir into the rice,
vi. Bring to the boil and reduce to the lowest heat, cook for about 25 mins until the rice is tender.
8. Carefully peel the garlic cloves, stir the contents of the roasting tin into the rice and heat through for a couple of minutes before serving.