Almond & Mushroom Stroganoff
1Tblsp. Olive Oil.
4 oz split or flaked Almonds.
1 medium Onion, sliced.
6 oz. Mushrooms, wiped & sliced.
1/2 tsp. ground Cinnamon.
1 tsp. ground Coriander.
1 tsp. dried Tarragon.
1/2 tsp. cut up Bay Leaves.
4 sticks Celery cut in strips.
3 oz. Beansprouts.
2 small Red peppers.
1 tblsp. Tamari.
5 tblsp. Soya Cream.
Toasted Almonds to garnish
Cornflour (If required to thicken).
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and saute the onions and almonds for 3 - 4 mins., stirring
occasionally, until the onion is transparent and the almonds slightly toasted.
2. Add the mushrooms, spices and herbs.
3. Cover the pan and simmer for a further 5 - 7 minutes.
4. Add the celery, beansprouts, 1 chopped red pepper and tamari.
5. Cover the pan and simmer until all the vegetables are just tender.
6. Stir in the soya cream and heat through, (If necessary add cornflour mixed with water to thicken ).
7. Season to taste.
8. Serve on a bed of brown rice and garnish with toasted almonds and red pepper rings.