Winter Fruit Salad
2 oz. Dried Prunes, stoned.
2 oz. Dried Figs. .
2oz. Dried Apricots.
1 Small Tin Pineapple Pieces. .
2 Cox's Apples.
1 Tblsp. Ginger Syrup.
1 Piece Preserved Stem Ginger
Handful Cashew Nuts.
Pinch Ground Cinnamon.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C/ 350 f/ Gas 4.
2. Peel, core and thinly slice the apple and place in an oven proof dish.
3. Add the prunes, figs, apricots and pineapple pieces.
4. Add the zest and juice of the orange and 1 Tblsp. of ginger syrup from the preserved stem ginger.
5. Mix all the ingredients well, cover and bake for 1 hour.
6. Meanwhile toast the cashew nuts and hazelnuts under the grill until golden. Cool then chop roughly.
7. Cut the stem ginger into fine strips.
8. When the fruits are cooked scatter the nuts and stem ginger over the top and sprinkle with ground cinnamon.